2020 Colorado Shakespeare Festival Props Supervisor
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival, a professional theatre company in residence at the University of Colorado Boulder, seeks a highly organized and experienced individual to serve as Props Supervisor. This is a full-time seasonal position in Boulder from May-August 2020 (some meeting participation required preseason).
Onsite (full time): May 12-July 18, 2020
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Props Supervisor works closely with scenic designers, technical directors and stage managers to realize properties and stage furnishing packages for the 2020 CSF season. Key responsibilities include: establishing and maintaining material and labor budgets, collaborating with scenic designers and technical directors, and supervising and coordinating all prop shop operations.
Colorado Shakespeare Festival produces four shows per seasons in two venues on campus.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for all props, stage furnishings and perishables in the 4-show repertory season
- Supervise small staff in the acquisition and/or construction of all properties
- Instruct run crew in proper maintenance of props in performance and ensure quality of all props for the stage
- Manage props budget and spending in coordination with Production Manager
- Participation in preseason production meetings as needed
- Professional experience required
- Standard props construction skills (crafts, carpentry, sewing, upholstery)
- Experience faux painting props, working with a wide variety of materials
- Experience with sculpting and casting
- Advanced carpentry is helpful
- Experience with arms, armor and stage weaponry (construction, repair, proper maintenance) is not required but is helpful
- Teaching experience is a plus, but not a requirement
Housing and travel accommodation may be provided for qualified applicants.
To apply please submit resume with references by Nov. 15, 2019 to the CSF Production Manager, Jon Dunkle at: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.