2021 Colorado Shakespeare Festival Costume Crafts Supervisor
Range of pay: $18 per hour.
Term of Employment: May 24, 2021 through July 11, 2021
Application deadline: Feb 2, 2021
- Interpret and implement costume crafts projects as designed by the Costume Designer and approved by the Costume Shop Manager.
- Supervise the construction, fitting, and alteration of costume craft items including hats, jewelry, armor, masks, footwear, belts, bags, puppets, foam structures, and mechanical costumes.
- Pattern fabrication and development and fitting of craft pieces as designed.
- Utilize fabric manipulation techniques, painting / dyeing, and costume distressing.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, supervising a small staff of artisans, interns, and volunteers.
- Commitment to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace environment.
- Professional experience, and / or demonstrable skill set in relevant trades and professions.
- Experience working with a variety of costume crafts materials including clay, leather, buckram, felt, thermoplastics, foams, adhesives, and metal work.
- Knowledge of respirator use, basic safety procedures, and the ability to operate power tools.
- Artistic sensibility and sensitivity.
- Strong collaboration, communication and technical skills and ability to maintain high quality / standards and safe and supportive work environment.
- Teaching / mentoring experience is helpful, but not required.
Follow this link to apply!