2021 Colorado Shakespeare Festival Wig, Hair and Makeup Supervisor
Range of pay: $18.00 per hour.
Term of Employment: May 24, 2021 through August 15, 2021
Application deadline: Feb 2, 2021
- Supervise and execute all wig, hair, and makeup elements for the 2-show repertory season.
- Consult with the Costume Shop Manager and costume designers on feasibility of costume designs in relation to timeline, labor, and budget.
- Pull, purchase, alter, or manufacture all wigs, hair styles, and facial hair as designed.
- Maintain wig / hair stock.
- Perform regular hair styling and cuts for company members as needed for each production.
- Demonstrate and apply traditional and contemporary makeup techniques.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, supervising a small staff.
- Commitment to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace environment.
- Professional experience, and / or demonstrable skill set in relevant trades and professions. Cosmetology professionals are invited to apply.
- Experience working with a diverse range of hair styles and skin tones required.
- Artistic sensibility and sensitivity.
- Strong collaboration, communication and technical skills and ability to maintain high quality / standards and safe and supportive work environment.
- Teaching / mentoring experience is helpful, but not required.
Follow this link to apply!