Assistant Technical Director
Term of Employment: Onsite May 15-Aug. 19; prep starts in March/April remotely
CSF will be hiring one indoor ATD and one Outdoor ATD.
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival, a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder, is accepting applications for summer staff positions. In general, all positions are seasonal non-exempt paid hourly. Housing is available at a weekly rate paid by employee; CSF will arrange accommodations with each employee prior to the start of the season.
- Each ATD will work in collaboration with the Technical Director on 2 shows including scene shop operations, planning, build, load-in, repertory changeovers and maintenance of scenery / props throughout the season.
- Creation of all scenic shop drawings under the guidance of the Technical Director.
- Consult with Technical Director on supervising build, installation, rigging, and strike of sets, safety training and oversight, maintenance of shop and its equipment.
- Assist in the transfer of one show to an offsite tour venue in the last week of the summer season.
- Direct and instruct production crew and interns on theatrical skills.
- Perform skilled carpentry work through the use of a variety of materials related to the construction of theatrical scenery as needed.
- Professional experience is required.
- Strong AutoCAD proficiency to produce clear working drawings for shop staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in stage carpentry, welding, rigging, set electrics and safety.
- The ideal candidate will have strong collaboration, communication and technical skills and be able to maintain high quality/standards and safe and supportive work environment while working on tight time line.
- Teaching/mentoring experience.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a 26’ box truck.
All Applications Due By: Feb. 2, 2018
Please submit cover letter, resume with references to CSF Production Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org (No Phone Calls)