Box Office Manager
The College of Music welcomes applications for a Box Office Manager to independently manage the box office software and supervise the CU Presents Box Office staff in the day to day operations of the ticket office. This position is responsible for creating and implementing ticket office policies and procedures. The position is responsible for maintaining and utilizing a robust, high-level knowledge of all aspects of the Tessitura CRM software including ticketing, ticketing setup, campaigns, web sales (TNEW) Security modules, PCI compliance, and the underlying SQL database structure. The Box Office Manager will be expected to stay abreast of upgrades and changes to the software, training on them as they are announced.
This role will handle high-level patron concerns and problems, supervise the front of house activities and needs, and implement the annual subscription renewal process. This position requires balancing the needs of many CU Presents patrons and is expected to be able to run day-to-day operations largely independently. As needed, will consult Operations Director to assist with managing sensitive policy and patron issues.
This position will work with the Operations Director to analyze sales data, maintain performance and sales records, and generate on-demand reports to make recommendations to leadership to improve box office operations.
Who we are
CU Presents is the home of performing arts on the beautiful University of Colorado Boulder campus and the largest performing arts organization in Boulder, CO. We present hundreds of on-campus performances and events every year, including diverse professional performances with the Artist Series, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival, and The Takacs Quartet and student performances from the Eklund Opera, College of Music, and CU Theatre and Dance. Our box office sells nearly 100,000 tickets a year and provides additional support for over 500 events at CU.
What your key responsibilities will be
Ticketing System Management
- Sells single tickets and series subscriptions for all CU Presents events, handle ticket exchanges and returns, and view/manipulate seating charts using the computerized ticketing system.
- Identifies and troubleshoots problems within the software package, as well as working with more specialized Tessitura users (in Marketing, Advancement, and Ticket Sales).
- Creates and applies ticket discounts (including group, faculty/staff, student, promotional discounts), adjust prices, be knowledgeable of ticket on-sales and demands, and update/modify those events on an ongoing basis as production needs change.
- Advises on any areas where policies need to be updated or created.
- Hire and supervise 4-6 student staff.
- Train staff with regard to use of the computerized ticketing system as well as general box office policies and procedures.
- Creates daily/weekly box office staff schedules, monitoring and coaching staff performance.
Communication & Customer Service
- Communicates the general box office policies to patrons and to answer any questions regarding ticket prices, ticket sales procedures, venue and parking information, detailed concert program information, etc.
- Accommodates patron requests to the degree that he/she is able, given the general box office policies and procedures, and to handle complaints and disputes that are beyond the abilities of student employees.
- Act as a backup to provide on-demand reports and data extractions to all branches of CU Presents.
- Reconciles daily financial reports including deposits, batched ticket sales, and income statements.
- Pulls basic reports (number of tickets sold, gross revenue, etc.) from the ticketing system and consult with the Operations Director for more complex reports or data synthesis.
What we can offer
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $41,496.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about theUniversity of Colorado Boulder.
What we require:
- Three years of work experience in an occupational field related to the work assignment.
What you will need:
- Ability to provide high level customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience with Tessitura (or similar high-level ticketing software).
- 2+ years of experience with ticketing and box office software.
- Experience working in large performing arts venues (500+ seats).
- Experience managing a performing arts box office.
- Experience working in a PCI DSS compliant environment.
- Knowledge of theater, dance, and/or music.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience hiring, training, and managing staff.
- Familiarity with working at the University of Colorado or other higher education institution.
- Basic familiarity with SQL scripting and database administration.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Application materials required
Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions: To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting here:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-13581.
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Please apply by May 23, 2018.If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at [email protected]. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.