Term of Employment: May 22-July 22
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival, a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder, is accepting applications for summer staff positions. In general, all positions are seasonal non-exempt paid hourly. Housing is available at a weekly rate paid by employee; CSF will arrange accommodations with each employee prior to the start of the season.
- Assisting the crafts head in the construction, fitting, and alteration of costume craft items, including but not limited to: hats, jewelry, armor, masks, footwear, belts, bags, puppets, foam structures, and mechanical costumes.
- Development and fitting of craft pieces according to designer specification and Costume Crafts Supervisor.
- Cutting, construction, finish work, and alterations on assigned craft items
- Utilize fabric manipulation techniques, painting/dyeing, and costume distressing
- Assist in supervising interns and volunteers
- Monitor team safety, morale and maintain excellence of product.
- Applicants must have or be in the process of obtaining a costume degree.
- Professional experience is required.
- Artistic sensibility and sensitivity, as well as strong collaborative skills.
- The ideal candidate will have strong collaboration, communication and technical skills and be able to maintain high quality/standards and safe and supportive work environment while working on tight time line.
- Teaching/mentoring experience.
All Applications Due By: Feb. 2, 2018
Please submit cover letter, resume with references to Adam Dill, CSF Costume Shop Manager at: email@example.com (No Phone Calls)