Currently Seeking: Colorado Shakespeare Festival Outreach Assistant (temporary, part-time)
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival Outreach Department seeks a temporary, part-time (20 hours/week) Outreach Assistant for the Spring 2022 semester. This position reports to the Director of Outreach and provides administrative and program support to all CSF outreach programs, including the CSF in the Schools tour, CSF School of Theatre summer camps, after-school classes and workshops, the Will Power Festival, and the Dramaturgy program. Responsible for handling communication with community partners, scheduling programs, onsite management of all classes and camps, processing registration materials, and other duties as assigned. Occasional weekend and evening hours are required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office, as well as strong written and oral communication skills are required. Successful candidates will have a passion for Shakespeare, education, and working with children. The appointment is temporary and may be renewed on a semester-by-semester basis.
Jan. 3 through May 13, 2022
- Includes one week off during CU spring break: March 21-25, 2022
- 18 weeks of work over a 19-week period
- Approximately 20 hours/week
CSF shares CU Boulder’s commitment to building an inclusive, diverse, and equitable community and strives to create an environment in which everyone feels a sense of belonging and the ability to contribute.
Shakespeare & Violence Prevention Program Support (75%)
- Coordinate and schedule school visits with area schools in CSF’s nationally recognized Shakespeare & Violence Prevention program
- Be prepared to facilitate workshops (if needed)
- Communicate with potential community partners (schools) about the program
- Maintain accurate and clear records of all tour-related payments and outstanding balances.
- Handle paperwork related to tour scheduling, and follow-up in preparation for the troupe’s visit
- Administer evaluations and collect feedback results
- Coordinate regularly with CSF Outreach Staff to meet tour booking projections
- Communicate with troupe actor/manager about upcoming school visits
- Support Outreach Staff in marketing and grant-writing efforts related to the school tour
- Schedule visits for the Shakespeare Across Colorado initiative
Camps, Classes, and Other Event Support (25%)
- Process registration materials for all CSF classes, camps, and adult programs
- Work with CU staff to successfully transition youth programming to a new registration platform (CircuiTree)
- Communicate with families and teachers about upcoming class/camp opportunities
- Support Outreach Staff in scheduling programs, advertising, and program evaluation
- Provide administrative, logistical, and classroom support as needed for after-school classes, camps, Bard’s Book Club, the Will Power Festival, and the Classics 101 series.
- One year professional work experience as administrative assistant or equivalent
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Clear communication skills, both written and oral
- One year of experience working with children/teens in theatre programs or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to make cold calls
- Ability to solve problems in creative and efficient ways
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on a variety of projects
- Bachelor’s degree in education, arts education, theatre, humanities, English, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Professional experience in an education/outreach department of a theatre company
- Familiarity with Shakespeare’s plays
To apply, please send a cover letter and a recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: Jan. 3, 2022.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.