CURRENTLY SEEKING: Multimedia and Social Media Assistant
CU Presents is seeking a student Multimedia and Social Media Assistant beginning Spring Semester 2023. Duties include assisting CU Presents staff in managing and executing multimedia content and social media channels in support of the Colorado Shakespeare Festival, CU College of Music, CU Department of Theatre & Dance and other CU Presents ticketed events.
The successful applicant will be asked to commit to the position at least through Spring 2024. Eligible applicants must be enrolled at the University of Colorado Boulder; position terminates upon graduation.
$17-$19 per hour. Two complimentary tickets to most CU Presents shows.
CU Presents Multimedia and Content Manager Lara Minichiello
- Up to 20 hours per week during academic year, up to 40 hours per week during summer months.
- Hours are predominantly spent during business hours, weekdays 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Hybrid work modality, flexible weekly work schedule
- May rarely be required to work at after-hours or weekend events
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Self-guided video collaboration and production with the Multimedia and Content Manager
- Occasional videography: live, staged, interview, outdoor, indoor
- Occasional editing: For large display, broadcast television, social media
- Assistance with the management and archiving of all department assets.
- Photography as needed
- Strong professional representation of CU Presents in collaborations with faculty, staff, artists and peer organizations.
- Self-guided management of CU Presents, CU Theatre & Dance and Colorado Shakespeare Festival social media accounts, following strategy of managers
- Creation/implementation of weekly social media posts for partners
- Management of responses to inquiries and engagements on social media accounts
- Monitoring of in-platform analytics with regular reporting on trends
- Online reputation management and social listening for all programs
- General office support as needed
Skillset (existing or to be developed)
- Audio recording
- Digital media publication
- Video, photo, audio editing
- Social media storytelling, esp. Facebook and Instagram
- Facebook scheduling, listening and analytics monitoring and interpretation
- Instagram posting, listening and analytics monitoring and interpretation
- Adobe Design suite, esp. Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audition
- Google Suite
- Basic design skills using template platforms such as Canva
- Professional skills, including good communication, teamwork, positivity and time management
- Self guidance on projects and initiatives
- Clear, concise and engaging writing
- Ability to interpret and convey our various brands’ voices
Please fill out this brief online application AND send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application review will begin right away, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.