Term of Employment: May 22-July 22
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival, a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder, is accepting applications for summer staff positions. In general, all positions are seasonal non-exempt paid hourly. Housing is available at a weekly rate paid by employee – CSF will arrange accommodations with each employee prior to the start of the season.
- Assist the Costume Designer and Costume Shop Manager in creating the designer’s vision by being informed about the script, context of design and other relevant aspects of assigned production.
- Acts as the liaison between the designer and the costume team especially when the designer is off site.
- Facilitates all materials needed to execute costumes including but not limited to; fabric and accessory materials, costume rentals, stock and purchased garments. This includes fabric purchases, garment and accessory purchasing and returning to meet both vendor and fitting deadlines and oversight of all items needed for the successful completion of their assigned show.
- Prepares and time manages actor fittings to ensure all priorities are met. Documents notes and images and stores all information so designers and the necessary department members have access to the information.
- Prepares paperwork and strategizes with the Wardrobe Supervisor to coordinate the transition of the show from the workroom to wardrobe and to facilitate the running and maintenance of each show. Paperwork may include actor dressing sheets, check in sheets, scene breakdowns, and quick change information.
- Works closely with Stage Management to assure smooth exchange of information, rehearsal and show needs.
- Compiles, collects and distributes costume notes following actor fittings
- Attends meetings, run-throughs, dress rehearsals and other rehearsals with or as a representative of the designer and shop.
- Applicants must have or be in the process of obtaining a costume degree.
- Professional experience is required.
- Artistic sensibility and sensitivity, as well as strong collaborative skills.
- The ideal candidate will have strong collaboration, communication and technical skills and be able to maintain high quality/standards and safe and supportive work environment while working on tight time line.
- Teaching/mentoring experience.
All Applications Due By: Feb. 2, 2018
Please submit cover letter, resume with references to Adam Dill, CSF Costume Shop Manager at: email@example.com (No Phone Calls)