Term of Employment: May 22-July 22
(some pre-season production work may be required)
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival, a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder, is accepting applications for summer staff positions. In general, all positions are seasonal non-exempt paid hourly. Housing is available at a weekly rate paid by employee – CSF will arrange accommodations with each employee prior to the start of the season.
- Working in tandem with Costume Shop Manager and Costume Designers to produce vision of the designs.
- Fabricates patterns through draping or flat pattern from designer renderings.
- Cuts or supervises the cutting of all fabric for costumes from the pattern.
- Attend fittings as necessary.
- Leading alterations of pulled / bought pieces.
- Overseeing a team of 5-6 people in the costume shop, delegating work to First Hands and Stitchers.
- Collaborating with other departments as necessary.
- Must have excellent personal time management skills and the ability to schedule others effectively.
- Desired candidate needs a strong knowledge of costume construction techniques and costume history.
- Professional experience is required.
- Artistic sensibility and sensitivity, as well as strong collaborative skills.
- The ideal candidate will have strong collaboration, communication and technical skills and be able to maintain high quality/standards and safe and supportive work environment while working on tight time line.
- Teaching/mentoring experience.
All Applications Due By: Feb. 2, 2018
Please submit cover letter, resume with references to Adam Dill, CSF Costume Shop Manager at: email@example.com (No Phone Calls)