JOB POSTING: Social Content Creator
CU Presents is seeking a year-round student Social Content Creator beginning summer 2018. Duties include assisting CU Presents staff in managing and executing social media strategy across several platforms in support of the Colorado Shakespeare Festival, CU College of Music, CU Department of Theatre & Dance and CU Presents ticketed events.
The successful applicant will be required to commit to the position at least through Spring 2019.
This is a student employee position. Eligible applicants must be enrolled at the University of Colorado Boulder; position terminates upon graduation.
$11.47 per hour. Two complimentary tickets to most CU Presents shows.
Associate Director of Communications Jessie Bauters
20 hours per week May 14 through Aug. 24, decreasing to 15 hours per week in Fall 2018. Hours cover weekdays, weekday evenings and weekends, depending on CU Presents activities.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Primary support for Jessie Bauters; secondary support for the CU Presents PR manager
- Self-guided management of CU Presents, CU College of Music, CU Theatre & Dance and Colorado Shakespeare Festival social media accounts, following strategy of managers
- Multiple daily posts to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Management of responses to inquiries and engagements on social media accounts
- Guided research into possible new social platforms for CU Presents (Snapchat, Facebook Live, etc.)
- Monitoring of in-platform analytics
- Self-guided video collaboration and production with the CU Presents Video Producers
- Online reputation management and social listening for all programs
- General office support as needed
Skillset (existing or to be developed)
- Social Media storytelling, esp. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat
- Facebook scheduling, listening and analytics monitoring
- TweetDeck scheduling and listening
- Twitter analytics monitoring
- Instagram posting and listening
- Google Docs
- Information organization
- Self guidance on projects and initiatives
- Interpretation of Google Analytics
- Clear, concise and engaging writing
- Strong writing and visual communication skills