CURRENTLY SEEKING: Marketing Assistant
CU Presents is seeking a student Marketing Assistant beginning Spring Semester 2023. Duties include assisting CU Presents staff in managing and executing event promotion in support of the Colorado Shakespeare Festival, CU College of Music, CU Department of Theatre & Dance and other CU Presents ticketed events.
The successful applicant will be asked to commit to the position at least through Spring 2024. Eligible applicants must be enrolled at the University of Colorado Boulder; position terminates upon graduation.
$17-$19 per hour. Two complimentary tickets to most CU Presents shows.
CU Presents Marketing Manager Elise Zabala
- Up to 20 hours per week during academic year, up to 40 hours per week during summer months.
- Hours are predominantly spent during business hours, weekdays 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Hybrid work modality, flexible weekly work schedule
- May rarely be required to work at after-hours or weekend events
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Distribution of CU Presents marketing collateral
- Hanging promotional marquees in various locations around campus
- General and event content maintenance on cupresents.org
- Updating student recital listings at colorado.edu/music
- Assist Marketing Manager with promotional emails as needed
- Emailing word-of-mouth promotional reminders to casts and crew of productions
- Managing third-party digital info pages such as Google Business and Yelp
- Uploading event programs to event pages and the programs landing page at cupresents.org
- Uploading event programs to student recital listings at colorado.edu/music
- Sending event programs to Libraries for archiving via OneDrive shared folder
- Some at-event support may be requested as needed
Skillset (existing or to be developed)
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited guidance after an initial training period
- Experience with Microsoft Office apps such as Word, Excel and OneDrive
- Experience with Google apps such as Docs, Sheets and Drive
- Experience with a web content management system such as WordPress
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; using AP style
- Basic proofreading skills and an eye for detail
Please fill out this brief online application AND send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Application review will begin right away, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.