Currently Seeking: CU Presents Public Relations Assistant
CU Presents is seeking a year-round student Public Relations Assistant beginning Summer 2020. Duties include assisting CU Presents staff in creating content to promote the CU performing arts, primarily written pieces for the CU Presents and CU College of Music websites and media distribution. Other duties include assisting video producers during photo and video shoots and conducting interviews with College of Music and CU Presents newsmakers.
The successful applicant will be required to commit to the position at least through Spring 2021.
This is a student employee position. Eligible applicants must be enrolled at the University of Colorado Boulder; position terminates upon graduation.
$14.08 per hour. Two complimentary tickets to most CU Presents shows.
Director of Communications Jessie Bauters
15 hours per week. Hours are predominantly spent weekdays 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and some weeknights/weekends 6-8 p.m.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Assisting the director of communications in coverage of large events and feature stories as the College of Music celebrates its Centennial year
- Organizing and conducting interviews with College of Music students, faculty, alumni and donors
- Writing feature stories for the College of Music and CU Presents websites and the College of Music alumni magazine
- Contributing to the College of Music and CU Presents editorial calendar through story pitching
- Attending and helping facilitate promotional photo and video shoots
- Occasionally attending College of Music free events to take patron counts
- General office support as needed
- Updating content on CU Presents and College of Music websites periodically, including some assistance on event listings
Skillset (existing or to be developed)
- Self organization and guidance on projects
- Strong writing skills
- Adept at communication and interviewing news subjects
- Familiarity with photography and video best practices
- Microsoft Office products
- Google Drive
- Smartsheet project management
- Information organization
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Familiarity with AP Style is a plus
- Effective time management of working on multiple projects simultaneously
Please fill out this brief application AND send a resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.