Public Relations Assistant
CU Presents is seeking a year-round student Public Relations Assistant beginning Summer 2018. Duties include assisting CU Presents staff in creating content to promote the CU performing arts, primarily written pieces for the CU Presents and CU College of Music websites and media distribution. Other duties include assisting video producers during photo and video shoots and conducting interviews with College of Music and CU Presents newsmakers.
The successful applicant will be required to commit to the position at least through Spring 2019.
This is a student employee position. Eligible applicants must be enrolled at the University of Colorado Boulder; position terminates upon graduation.
$12.24 per hour. Two complimentary tickets to most CU Presents shows.
Associate Director of Communications Jessie Bauters
15 hours per week. Hours are predominantly spent weekdays 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and some weekdays/weekends 6-8 p.m.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Assisting the associate director of communications in coverage of large events and feature stories as the College of Music approaches its centennial celebration
- Organizing and conducting interviews with College of Music students, faculty, alumni and donors
- Writing feature stories for the College of Music and CU Presents websites and the College of Music alumni magazine
- Contributing to the College of Music and CU Presents editorial calendar through story pitching
- Attending and helping facilitate promotional photo and video shoots
- General office support as needed
Skillset (existing or to be developed)
- Self organization and guidance on projects
- Strong writing skills
- Adept at communication and interviewing news subjects
- Familiarity with photography and video best practices
- Microsoft Office products
- Google Docs
- Information organization
- Self guidance on projects and initiatives
- Strong communication and public speaking skills