Publications & Administrative Assistant
CU Presents seeks a Publications & Administrative Assistant to work with the Publications Specialist in the design and project management of event programs and with CU Presents executive staff on administrative projects. This position’s time will be split with approximately 10 hours per week for publications work and 5 hours per week for administrative work; depending on the time of year, this ratio is subject to change.
CU Presents supports the work of the Artist Series, Colorado Shakespeare Festival, CU College of Music and CU Department of Theatre & Dance. Students with a strong interest in the performing arts are encouraged to apply.
Schedule: 15 hours per week during CU Presents office hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) during the Fall and Spring semesters. Occasional evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
Desired start date: August 21, 2017
Compensation: $11.25 per hour and two complimentary tickets to most CU Presents shows
Direct Supervisor: Sabrina Green, Publications Specialist
- Assist with managing content schedule and deadlines
- Program production for College of Music and Theatre & Dance events, with opportunities to collaborate on additional print pieces
- Deliver and pick up programs around campus as needed
- Count leftover programs from completed events to inform future quantity decisions
- Manage program archives
- Fulfill print & digital collateral sharing requests from our partners
- Help visitors navigate campus by providing directions to various buildings as needed
- Office support tasks as needed
- Artist hospitality support
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop as well as Google Drive, Microsoft Office Suite and/or similar software
- Intermediate-to-advanced computer skills; technologically-inclined
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced environments and shifting priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to CU Presents style guide and best practices
- Knowledge of CU Boulder campus preferred
Please fill out this brief online application and send a resume, cover letter and up to 3 design samples to email@example.com. Application review will begin after July 17, 2017, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.