CURRENTLY SEEKING: Social Media Assistant
CU Presents is seeking a student Social Media Assistant beginning Spring Semester 2021. Duties include assisting CU Presents staff in managing and executing social media strategy across several platforms in support of the Colorado Shakespeare Festival, CU College of Music, CU Department of Theatre & Dance and CU Presents ticketed events.
The successful applicant will be asked to commit to the position at least through Spring 2022. Eligible applicants must be enrolled at the University of Colorado Boulder; position terminates upon graduation.
$13.19 per hour. Two complimentary tickets to most CU Presents shows.
CU Presents PR Manager Becca Vaclavik
8 hours per week. Hours are predominantly spent during business hours, weekdays 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Support for Becca Vaclavik and College of Music Director of Communication Jessie Bauters
- Self-guided management of CU Presents, CU College of Music, CU Theatre & Dance and Colorado Shakespeare Festival social media accounts, following strategy of managers
- Multiple daily posts to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Management of responses to inquiries and engagements on social media accounts
- Monitoring of in-platform analytics with regular reporting on trends
- Self-guided video collaboration and production with the CU Presents Video Producers
- Online reputation management and social listening for all programs
- General office support as needed
Skillset (existing or to be developed)
- Social media storytelling, esp. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Facebook scheduling, listening and analytics monitoring and interpretation
- TweetDeck scheduling and listening
- Twitter analytics monitoring and interpretation
- Instagram posting, listening and analytics monitoring and interpretation
- Google Suite experience
- Information organization
- Self guidance on projects and initiatives
- Clear, concise and engaging writing
- Ability to interpret and convey our various brands’ voices
- Strong writing and visual communication skills
- Basic design skills using template platforms such as Canva
Please fill out this brief online application AND send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application review will begin virtually after Friday, Nov. 20, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.