Term of Employment: May 15-July 22
CSF will be hiring four staff carpenters.
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival, a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder, is accepting applications for summer staff positions. In general, all positions are seasonal non-exempt paid hourly. Housing is available at a weekly rate paid by employee; CSF will arrange accommodations with each employee prior to the start of the season.
- Responsible for performing skilled carpentry work through the use of a variety of materials related to the construction of theatrical scenery.
- Assist with the planning, layout, construction, and installation of scenic projects while working closely with the technical directors to ensure that the scenic elements of the productions are completed with an emphasis on quality, safety.
- Assist as needed across departmental lines as designated by Production Manager.
- Professional experience is required.
- Strong carpentry skills in both wood and steel construction.
- Rigging experience is desired.
- The ideal candidate will have strong collaboration, communication and technical skills and be able to maintain high quality/standards and safe and supportive work environment while working on tight time line.
- Teaching/mentoring experience.
All Applications Due By: Feb. 2, 2018
Please submit cover letter, resume with references to CSF Production Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls)