Term of Employment: May 22-July 22
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival, a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder, is accepting applications for summer staff positions. In general, all positions are seasonal non-exempt paid hourly. Housing is available at a weekly rate paid by employee; CSF will arrange accommodations with each employee prior to the start of the season.
- Responsible for the construction of new costumes and the alteration and refurbishment of existing costumes, under the direction of the Draper and First Hand.
- Experience in construction, alteration, and finishing work using both hand and domestic machine stitching; pressing and rolling of fabrics; pressing, steaming and correct labeling of finished costumes.
- Work closely with Draper and First Hand to ensure that costumes are completed with an emphasis on quality and safety.
- Applicants must have or be in the process of obtaining a costume degree.
- Strong skills in construction and alteration.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of hand and machine sewing techniques.
- The ideal candidate will have strong collaboration, communication and technical skills and be able to maintain high quality/standards and safe and supportive work environment while working on tight time line.
All Applications Due By: Feb. 2, 2018
Please submit cover letter, resume with references to Adam Dill, CSF Costume Shop Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org (No Phone Calls)