Term of Employment: May 22-Aug. 19
(some pre-season production work may be required)
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival, a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder, is accepting applications for summer staff positions. In general, all positions are seasonal non-exempt paid hourly. Housing is available at a weekly rate paid by employee; CSF will arrange accommodations with each employee prior to the start of the season.
Duties (During Production):
- Assists Costume Designer and Costume Director in creating the designer’s vision by being informed about the script, context of design and other relevant aspects of all summer productions – indoor and outdoor.
- With the Costume Design Assistant, prepares and time manages actor fittings to ensure all priorities are met. Documents notes and images and stores all information so designers and the necessary department members have access to the information.
- Prepares paperwork and strategizes to coordinate the transition of the show from the workroom to wardrobe and to facilitate the running and maintenance of each show. Paperwork may include actor dressing sheets, check in sheets, scene breakdowns, and quick change information.
- Works closely with Stage Management to assure smooth exchange of information, rehearsal and show needs.
- Compiles, collects and distributes costume notes following actor fittings
- Attends meetings, run-throughs, and dress rehearsals
Duties (During Performances)
- Coordinates the care, management, and organization of finished costumes for the summer season
- Oversees the coordination of indoor and outdoor wardrobe crews
- Supervises the preparation of dressing cards and costume check-in/tracking sheets for indoor and outdoor productions as described above
- Assists in costume strike including: laundry, dry cleaning, rental returns
- Attends rehearsals and run-throughs as necessary
- Applicants must have or be in the process of obtaining a costume degree.
- Professional experience is required.
- Artistic sensibility and sensitivity, as well as strong collaborative skills.
- The ideal candidate will have strong collaboration, communication and technical skills and be able to maintain high quality/standards and safe and supportive work environment while working on tight time line.
- Teaching/mentoring experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Demonstrates managerial and supervisory skills.
All Applications Due By: Feb. 2, 2018
Please submit cover letter, resume with references to Adam Dill, CSF Costume Shop Manager, at: email@example.com (No Phone Calls)