2022 Colorado Shakespeare Festival Audition Announcement
Thank you for your interest in auditioning for the Colorado Shakespeare Festival. At this time, we are no longer accepting audition submissions. Please check back next fall for details concerning auditions for 2023.
Plays being produced in our 2022 season will be announced in late October 2021. Please visit coloradoshakes.org at the end of that month for a complete list of productions.
CSF hires AEA actors on two- and three-show contracts and non-AEA actors on one-, two-, and three-show contracts.
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival is an equal opportunity employer and encourages actors of underrepresented groups to audition for our season. All ethnicities, ages, genders, and people with disabilities are welcome.
Invitations to attend the live initial auditions or submit a video audition will be sent out starting on Monday, Oct.18, 2021, and continue through that week. An assigned audition slot and/or further instructions will also be sent out at this time.
- Thursday, Nov. 4 — If invited to submit an initial audition video, the deadline to submit is 5 p.m. MDT. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Saturday, Nov. 6 — DENVER AEA initial auditions (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., by assigned appointment): Denver University Department of Theatre, Johnson McFarlane Hall (JMAC), 1903 East Iliff Avenue, Denver, CO 80210. Room TBD.
- Sunday, Nov. 7 — DENVER Non-AEA initial auditions (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., by assigned appointment): Denver University Department of Theatre, Johnson McFarlane Hall (JMAC), 1903 East Iliff Avenue, Denver, CO 80210. Room TBD.
- Friday, Nov. 12 — BOULDER CU Student initial auditions (3 p.m. to 5 p.m., by assigned appointment): Department of Theatre & Dance Seminar Room (C342), University of Colorado Boulder Theatre & Dance Building, Boulder, CO, 80309.
- Monday, Nov. 15 — Notifications of a callback—both live and video—will be sent via email (with sides) starting Nov. 15. Live callbacks will be held in Boulder on Dec. 5 and 6, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The deadline for video callbacks is Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021, by 5 p.m. MST.
For live initial auditions, please bring with you one (1) hardcopy of your headshot and resume stapled together or printed back to back.
For all initial auditions, please prepare two (2) contrasting classical monologues, no more than two (2) minutes in length total (each piece should not exceed 1 minute in duration). One (1) monologue must be comedic, one (1) should be dramatic, and at least one of the two should be Shakespeare.