CU Presents collateral
Applicable to global (all-season), series, editorial and non-marketing pieces.
All programs (for readability)
When Helvetica Neue isn’t available.
Considerations for core styles
- 40pt tracking is used in HN Light to enhance readability.
- 10pt tracking is used in HN Regular to enhance readability.
- 10pt tracking is used in HN Medium to enhance readability.
Above considerations apply to Adobe files only. Tracking can be adjusted up to +/- 10 as needed to account for space constraints.
- Standard leading in body copy is 1.2x the body point size used. You may round up to the next whole number to enhance readability.
- Header 1 point size should be no more than 2x of body copy.
- Header 2 point size should be no more than 1.5x of body copy.
- Header 3 point size should be no more than 1.25x of body copy.
- Sufficient spacing should be used between your headers and body copy, and should be consistent across all pieces in a category of collateral (all posters, all ads, etc).
- Body copy should be set no smaller than 8pt—the preferred minimum size is 10pt.
- Fine print and disclaimers may be set as low as 6pt.
- These specs are built for print, but may be adapted for digital collateral as appropriate.
Pre-built styles (set to minimum sizes; adjust sizes as needed in your work file) can be loaded into your design document from the Text Styles Load Sheet, available on request.