2024 Colorado Shakespeare Festival Audition Announcement
CSF will be accepting headshots and resumes for actors to be considered for live and video general auditions. We hold live general auditions each season in Boulder and Denver, Colorado, in addition to considering video auditions from qualified candidates.
Plays being produced in our 2024 season will be announced in late October 2023. Please visit our homepage at the end of that month for a complete list of productions.
CSF hires approximately six (6) AEA on three-show contracts, and nine (9) non-AEA actors on two- and three-show contracts.
For the 2024 season, actors requiring housing or travel provided by CSF need not apply.
Submit your materials for pre-screening using with our online form.
- AEA Contract: $761.00 per week for twelve (12) weeks.
- non-AEA contracts range between $200.00 and $600.00 per week depending on number of productions and understudy assignments.
- Internship and Apprenticeship ranges between $150.00 and $250.00 per week for twelve (12) weeks.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Applicants must be responsible for their own housing and travel accommodations.
- Applicant must have received Shakespeare training or equivalent experience.
- Applicant must have at least one (1) professional Shakespeare production credential or equivalent experience.
- Stage actor training at an MFA level or higher (or equivalent experience).
- Training and applied experience in stage combat.
- Dialect ability and fluency in languages other than English.
- Training and applied experience in singing of any style (jazz, folk, opera, choral, non-western, etc.).
- Training and applied experience in acrobatics and/or dance of any style (jazz, hip hop, aerial, tap, ballroom, etc.).
- Mid- to advanced-level training and applied experience in musical instrument performance of any type.
TO REQUEST A GENERAL AUDITION
Headshots and resumes will be accepted starting September 18th, 2023, at 9am MDT through October 16th, 2023, at 5pm MDT for review. Please submit your materials via our online form for consideration. Audition requests should include the following:
- Your full name, preferred email address, and direct phone number.
- A PDF of your current headshot and acting resume (in one file).
- Your AEA status (AEA or non-AEA). Please include if you intend to join AEA prior to May 2024.
- Your preferred medium for auditioning, pending review of your materials.
- If you are requesting a live general audition, please identify all immovable time restrictions (we will do our best to accommodate but cannot guarantee anything at this time).
- If you would need to travel from out of state to audition, please request a video audition.
- Date of latest COVID-19 vaccination. An up-to-date COVID vaccination status as defined by the CDC is required for live auditions.
If you have worked for CSF as an actor in the last two (2) seasons, and wish to be considered for the 2024 season, you do not need to do a general audition. Please contact Kurt Mehlenbacher at [email protected] to inform us of your interest and you may be invited to callbacks, considered without any audition, or made an offer directly.
No phone calls, please. Submissions received prior to 9am on September 18th will not be considered.
The deadline to submit your pre-screening materials is Monday, October 16th, 2023 by 5pm MDT.
Invitations to attend the live general auditions or submit a video audition will be sent out starting on Monday, October 23th, 2023 and continue through that week. An assigned audition slot and / or further instructions will also be sent out at this time.
Saturday, November 4th — DENVER AEA general auditions (9am to 5pm, by assigned appointment): Denver University Department of Theatre, Johnson McFarlane Hall (JMAC), 1903 East Iliff Avenue, Denver, CO 80210. Room TBD.
Tuesday, November 7th — If invited to submit a general audition video, the deadline to submit is 5pm MDT. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Friday, November 10th — BOULDER CU Student general auditions (3pm to 5pm, by assigned appointment): Department of Theatre & Dance W325, University of Colorado Boulder Theatre & Dance Building, Boulder, CO, 80309.
For live general auditions, please bring with you one (1) hardcopy of your headshot and resume stapled together or printed back-to-back.
For all general auditions, please prepare two (2) contrasting classical monologues, no more than two (2) minutes in length total (each piece should not exceed 1 minute in duration). One (1) monologue must be comedic, one (1) should be dramatic, and at least one of the two should be Shakespeare.
CU ACTING INTERNSHIPS
CSF will consider all THDN undergraduate students who audition for the 2024 season as an applicant for a CU Acting Internship. Students must be currently enrolled at the University of Colorado Boulder for Academic Year 2023/2024 (AY23/24). Please follow the above instructions to receive an audition appointment for Friday, November 10th to be considered for an internship. Please be sure to identify yourself as a CU student to ensure appropriate placement. All applicants are required to apply for work-study for Summer 2024.
Live callbacks will be held in Boulder, CO on the University of Colorado Boulder campus on December 2nd and 3rd, from 9am to 5pm. Notifications of a callback—both live and video—will be sent via email (with sides) starting November 13th. The deadline for video callbacks is Monday, November 27th, 2023 by 5pm MST.
As a unit within the University of Colorado Boulder, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival is committed to building a culturally diverse community dedicated to contributing to an inclusive environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.Submit Materials for Pre-Screening